Thursday, September 25, 2008

Growing like a weed...

Our girl is growing. She is eight months old today. Carolyn eats like a champ. She has tried peas, green beans, sweet potatoes, squash, and carrots as far as vegetables. She has had bananas, apples, peaches, pears, and now prunes as far as fruit. Each day we get up and Carolyn has a bottle while Momma has her coffee. Then we have breakfast. Carolyn gets cereal with fruit. Most days after breakfast we go to the office and Carolyn takes a nap. Mid morning she has another bottle. Then at lunch Carolyn has vegetables and fruit. Two more bottles follow in the afternoon. Our little sweat pea takes about a two hour nap in the afternoon. Supper is vegetables and cereal. One more bottle comes at bed time. One evening about a week or so ago while we were getting the bed time bottle together we came back to find our girl like this:



Carolyn has fun hanging out and playing at the office while momma works.



She is even such a big girl that she can sit (with supervision) in momma's desk chair.




Carolyn especially likes Fridays when its girls day. We catch up on housework and errands. Here's a shot of our girl in the shopping cart at the grocery store. She was all shopped out and ready for a nap.

No teeth yet and, Carolyn isn't crawling forward. However she can scootch around in circles to turn herself towards a toy she wants, or towards Joey. Carolyn also found her giggle. It is sooooooooo contagious. She won;t do it very often, but when she does, its it the sweetest sound on earth.

Prayers are in order as I , Heather, will be traveling next week. I'm going with several other pastors to a Leadership Conference in Kansas City. I'm going by myself no husband and no baby. I don't know what I was thinking about when signed up to go. I guess I thought its only two days. But then you tack on travel and its four days. I don't know who will be missed more. Me or my sweet pea. I'll let you know when I get home.

I guess that's all for now from Joeys' People.

No comments: