Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thoughts on being a mamma...

Wow how life can change in mere moments. As I was working on my to-do list Saturday night, I suddenly realized I'd been having contractions and decided to start timing them. The were coming pretty regularly every 5-7 minutes. So I called our doula after timing for a 1/2 hour and she said it was probably it, but to keep timing and have a rest and a glass of water. I was completely in denial that my life was changing so fast, because I was supposed to preach on Sunday and still had a few more things to do. In fact even now I still think of something I was going to do this week "before our boy came". We went to the hospital, arriving around 11pm, after calling the doctor and making a couple of calls to get someone to watch Carolyn until my parents arrived, and to get Sunday covered. Contractions kept coming. It was a fast and rough labor, very different from Carolyn's. When finnally complete he was out in four contractions (a couple of pushes with each contraction).

At 7:04am our slugger arrived. He is amazing, so different from his sister, but pretty similar too. He eats and sleeps like a champ. In fact at his two days at home check-up today he had already gained an ounce and the pediatrician was very pleased.

Other than tired and not and enjoying the fact that I can't pick-up my big girl for snuggles, I feel amazing. We are all adjusting well. Carolyn is doing so great as a big sister as you can see from the pictures Scott posted yesterday. She loves to hold him and kiss him. More thoughts will come, just wanted to let everyone know that I and my team are doing well.

No comments: