Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Career in the Works...

No pictures this time, just a cool story. We'll get some more up later this week.

What a cool Sunday afternoon. But first I have to backtrack to Friday getting Carolyn up from her nap.

I went in to get Carolyn up from her nap on Friday and she looks at me and says "baby rilla". I thought she was trying to find out where Ryne was and was asking for Baby brother. But she persisted and I finally realized that she was asking for "baby grilla". What helped was she then said "Becca home". It finally reminded me she was thinking of our trip to the zoo 6 weeks ago and catching up with my friend Rebecca. It amazes me what our sweet pea remembers. But here she was remembering wonderful Rebecca and seeing the baby gorilla.

So this afternoon, after pulling out, un-prompted mind you, some "Buckeyes YEAH!" and "Carolyn, what about Michigan?" "BOOO!!!", she starts talking about the baby gorilla again. So I pulled out the video of the baby gorilla I had taken. Carolyn must have watched that 10 second little clip 20 times and it still wasn't enough. So, getting desperate because it was closing in on bed time and she is screaming "Baby Grilla, Baby Grilla, BabyGrilla". I decide to go to the National Zoo's website to see if they have any video or pictures of the said baby gorilla. Praise the Lord they did. SHe was enthralled. We spent a good half an hour looking at pictures of the gorilla and exploring pictures and videos of all sorts of other animals, elephants, "monkeys", orangutans, giant panda bears. I finally had to tear her away from the computer to take her to bed. If she keeps this up, perhaps she'll become a zoo keeper.

It was awesome to have momma-daughter snuggle time while she looked at all the pictures and videos I could find. She just snuggled up close and took it all in. It is just too awesome to be her momma!

No comments: