Wednesday, February 2, 2011

We are still alive...

Really, truly, we are.

Each week happens so fast that usually I can't keep up with my own thoughts, let alone write about them for our friends and family to read. We are really great here. Currently we are recovering from our first real winter storm of the season, we've had lots of snow, but nothing that has really closed us in until now and this was more sleet and freezing rain than snow. Scott and I (well mostly Scott, but I did help) chopped out 3/4 of our driveway this afternoon. the last 1/4 is hopelessly covered until we get a real thaw due to major drifting from all of our previous snow for the last 2 1/2 weeks.

So updates on everyone:

Me (Heather) loving my new position at Gethsemane. Loving living in the country again and has a schedule that doesn't stop between the kids and church. I'd be lost without my calendar.

Scott - currently going stir crazy from school cancelations this week. Playing with a new camera. Enjoyed photographing the ice this morning. He is also counting the days until Pitchers and Catchers report for spring training for baseball I think at last count he said we're down to 14. If he isn't editing photos on his computer, eating, sleeping, or at work he almost always looking at MLB's website tracking trades, etc as the baseball season nears its beginning.

Sweet Pea - 3 years old... where does time go? Currently her favorite things are baby dolls and her soccer class. She talks non-stop and doesn't know the meaning of the phrase sit still. She also hates to sleep (takes forever to get her to lay still enough to fall asleep for a nap or at night and wakes up before the sun).

Slugger - 18 months and finally walking 100% of the time as of 2 weeks or so ago. He has been getting therapy for 3 months (physical and occupational) to help is fine and large group motor skills. He only has about 6 words: fish (for goldfish crackers), doggie, dada, mama, up, cracker, and he signs milk. While his sister gave up snuggling as soon as she could move around, walking has brought out a sweet side of our boy, he now will come over to where Scott or I are sitting on the couch, look at you reach up and say "up." When you lift him up next to you, he climbs across to you lap and snuggles up. He is about the sweetest thing in the world and we are very blessed.

Poor Joey just takes our craziness all in stride. Usually wants to be near the rest of the family and if he's not he can be found asleep at the foot of momma and daddy's bed. Winter is pretty hard on him since he really can't be outside.

Well I guess that's about as caught up on us as I can get everyone. Blessings and peace!

No comments: