First it was awesome to spend time with a dear friend who I haven't seen since our wedding over three years ago. We arrived and I got us all unloaded and then realized I parked in a lot that didn't have a handicap entrance to the zoo. Thank God for wonderful people as an amazing stranger helped me up a hill of stairs with the double stroller and my two kids. We met up with Rebecca and Carolyn was immediately smitten. I knew with needing to leave before traffic that we only had about 2 hours. Our priorities were Zebras, Carolyn's current favorite animal (which changes about once a week). I also wanted to see the pandas, elephants, and I noticed on our way in that the gorillas had a new baby girl gorilla so that got added to our list.
The zebras were a hit. She was so interested in seeing real animals, especially "Zeebas".
Next we made our way to the pandas. Carolyn just kept taking it all in.
Eating Peanut butter and jelly for lunch and enjoying the panda!!!
We desperately tried to find elephants and giraffes, but the exhibit was under contruction and momma couldn't figure out where their outside exhibit was, the areas we passed were all empty, and the elephants weren't inside.
We made our way around to the gorilla house which was an absolute hit. When she saw the baby gorilla she kept saying "baby, baby!" This is the momma:
Here is a video of the baby:
We had so much fun. Here are a couple more pics:
My muchkins and Miss Becca. We drove Rebecca up the hill to her metro stop and when she got out of the car sweet pea cried. She kept calling for "Becca, Becca". I had to keep telling her that Rebecca went home and she would forlornly say "Becca home".
My kids are exhausted tonight, but we all had a wonderful day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment