Saturday, June 19, 2010

Craziness...

So apparently life has been even more crazy over the last several months than I realized, by the way this is Heather typing. When I clicked on our page and realized that the last post was from Joey in the middle of a snow storm, it dawned on me that someone should update our page at least a bit.

Since our last post, here is a run down of what we've been up to. Scott's twin sister got married, we celebrated our fourth anniversary, I broke a toe, we got through the wonderful craziness that is lent and Easter in a pastor's home. The first week of April I was contacted regarding the possibility of a change of pastoral appointment which I decided to take and thus has left us in the two and a half months since living in an increasing sea of boxes. I had two sessions of our annual conference while our Central Pennsylvania conference dissolved and the Susquehanna Annual Conference was birthed (none of which will make any sense to you if you are non-UMC and not from Central and North Eastern PA). Monday morning our moving truck showed up and upon its departure we drove to our new house in Morrisdale, PA (2 and 1/2 hours away). The truck dropped off our belongings on Tuesday and we are slowly unpacking.

So, here is some information on our new location. I will begin pastoring at Gethsemane UMC in Allport, PA July 1. We now live about 35 minutes northeast of State College (well, the closer edge). From the previous pastor I understand we are about 2 hours from Pittsburg, we are about 4 and 1/2 hours from my parents in Columbus, OH and best guess is we are about the same from Scott's parents in Wilmington, DE Slugger is adjusting very nicely and finally at 11 months let his first two teeth emerge. Sweet pea on the other hand is very confused, as is Joey, and both Big sister and puppy are out of sorts though I think each day is getting better, it is only Saturday after all. Scott will begin work Monday with a new territory of Lifetouch School Studios. The office he will be based out of is about an hour away and we look forward to knowing exactly how often he will have to go into the office so we can determine what life may look like on that end.

To top off all the craziness, my mom and I will be leaving in about 10 days to travel together with a group from Central PA, hosted by our Bishop, to go to Germany and experience the Obberammergau Passion play that is produces every 10 years. So, I'm unpacking to repack.

I think that catches folks up on the highlights. We'll get some fresh pictures of the munchkins up soon.

No comments: