Sunday, August 24, 2008

so busy...

We've had lots going on. I feel like I can hardly keep my mind straight some days. (BTW this is Heather writing). Scott started back to work last week. I accepted a position as a co-coordinator for worship for our annual conference for this year (the annual gathering of pastors and lay people from our section of PA that occurs every June). Which I do in addition to my regular church work. So far as Scott is back to work Carolyn is back to daily being at the office with momma. Praise God she is also back to morning naps which last anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours as well as about an hour long afternoon nap. It definitely helps me be productive. We continue to go to Gymboree every thursday. It is wonderful to have the undivided momma-daughter time each week. Carolyn continues to sleep through the night and we are gradually working our way through various solid foods. I think we have started our last vegetable.

As I was putting her down tonight in her crib, it occurred to me that our little peanut isn't so little anymore. I found myself wishing we could freeze time because I'm really going to miss being able to snuggle her like we do now.

Enough mourning what I knew was the inevitable. So... two Sunday's ago Carolyn went swimming for the first time. It took her a few minutes to get used to the water, but she really seemed to love it.
Getting ready for the pool















Swimming with Momma






Swimming with Daddy






We were at a youth group swim party with the youth of our new church. I can't wait to take her swimming again.


One last thing... I have to put in my plug for Ohio State football which begins Saturday with their game against Youngstown!!! I've been waiting to watch football with my girl since, well since I said "thank you baby for waiting to come until after the national championship game" when I fell asleep very disappointed on January 8. Here's our future Buckeye wishing the Boys and Tressel good luck this Saturday.
"Go Bucks!!!!!"


1 comment:

One Dumb Sheep said...

She is so stinkin cute you guys!! What a blessing she is. I hope you all are doing well and enjoying every moment. I can tell you it only gets better and better (until she starts throwing tantrums in Baby's r us because you won't buy her a Thomas the Train wall decal, but I think it gets better after thats over :)

Thinking about you guys and praying for you,
PJ Holmertz