Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Only my daughter!!!!

Last Friday Carolyn and momma got up and started our Friday routine. We didn't have anything special planned except that we were going to try the next level up class at Gymboree. Carolyn was playing around on the floor and crawled over to the side of the couch and started making her normal morning "I'm filling my diaper" noises. I gave her a minute to just work it all out and then I went over to get her changed. As I look at her to pick her up she looks at me with a look that said "momma, I just ate something that tastes yucky". She was still chomping so I did a finger sweep of her mouth. I pull out a stink bug. Yes you heard me correctly a stink bug.



Well after I finished being grossed out, then laughing, I then realize that perhaps these little boogers are poisonous. By the way - I know very little about bugs, just ask my brother, Nathan, who I promptly call to find out. When Nate was unavailable (our resident Biologist), I call my mom who is also very knowledgeable in the science and "bug"areas. She was also not available. So I call the pediatricians office. The nurse who took my call laughed, not because of what my 9-month old had done, but because it was the most unusual "My child just tried to eat a ..." story that he had experienced. He took my message and talked with one of the doctors on staff at the office and called me back. He said not to worry, we were ok, just to watch for chocking, which had been taken care of since said bug was out of her mouth. Both my mom and brother called back and said the same. Nate said, not to worry about the vast majority of "bugs" and insects in the US as the only thing he could think of that was poisonous are black widow and brown recluse spiders. Thank goodness.

We proceeded to go to gymboree and have fun and then come home for relaxation!!!.

Today was Carolyn's 9-month check-up. Nine months..... Where has time gone? Boy did August, September and October provide her with time for a major growth spurt. Our little sweet pea is get this, 20 lbs!!!!! She is also 27 -3/4 inches long. That means she has grown 4-1/2 lbs and 1 and3/4 inches in two and a half months.

By the way our girl can say "hi" and wave. She can say "dada" and know she is talking about Scott and "da" is joey. She can also clap her hands and when she's not being fickle she will give momma kisses when I ask for them. Kisses as always follwed by a great snuggle into my neck like a hug. Its wonderful. I think that is one of the best things about being a mom!!!!



One more story about last Friday and I'll let you all go.. This one is cute!!!

I was checking e-mail while sitting on the couch and had closed the window. On the desktop is a picture of Scott. I pulled our sweet pea into my lap to give her a bottle and she saw my computer screen. She, in much excitement, says "dadada". It was so amazing. The only thing that would have made it better would be if daddy had heard her!!!.

That's all for now. Blessings and peace.

No comments: